BA Overage Player Eligibility Rule
Overage Player Rule
- Associations may carry a maximum of 4 - 19 year non collegiate players in any one 18U category A, AA, & AAA, including Provincial Championship play
- These players are eligible for full league play, including Provincial Championship play.
- These players will not have attended a post-secondary institution with the intention of playing collegiate baseball. This includes, but is not limited to athletes who “redshirted” or were injured during their academic year who didn’t play the college season.
- Exceptions can be made in circumstances where an organization is in need of a collegiate athlete if they will not be able to field a team otherwise.
- Applications for exceptions can be made in writing to the Baseball Alberta office.
- However, 19 year old players are not eligible to participate in either Baseball Canada or Western Canada events
Female athletes have the option to play one year overage at each division of play and compete at Provincial Championships (11U, 13U, 15U in A, AA or AAA categories)
Baseball Alberta Handbook Overage Policy